Happy Monday! Make your Monday even better by making these delicious pancakes! They’re so easy to make and would even be good for meal prep. They’re gluten free (if using gluten free oats) and have zero added sugar, which is great because we don’t need that first thing in the morning (or at anytime, really). You could make is customizable by adding whatever nut or seed butter on top and whatever fruit you want too! These are going to give you sustained energy from the complex carbs (oats) fats (peanut butter and chia seeds) and protein (egg, chia seeds and nut butter). The cinnamon is also going to help keep your blood sugar balanced. I found these kept me full for a good 3-4 hours (which is rare for me because I always need to be snacking) so they’d be great if you know you’re going to have a long morning at work or are running around doing errands on the weekend. Here’s what I did;
Banana Oat Pancakes with Peanut Butter Drizzle
(makes 4 small pancakes)
· 1 banana
· ½ cup oats
· 1 egg
· 1 tbsp cinnamon
· ¼ cup almond milk
· 1-2 tbsp chia seeds
· Peanut butter (any nut or seed butter would be good)
1. Mash banana in a small bowl. Add egg and whisk together until combined.
2. Add oats, cinnamon, chia seeds and almond milk. Mix with a for until all is incorporated.
3. Heat a pan over medium-low and add 1-2 tsp of coconut oil.
4. Add ¼ of batter to pan (this will make 4 pancakes) and cook for about 3-4 minutes each side.
5. Drizzle on peanut butter, add chopped fruit and enjoy!